Petitcodiac Valley Golf and Country Club Term Position from early June to End of Oct 2017
Salary is $15,000.00
Deadline for applications is May 18th , 5pm AST
Email a resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off to clubhouse at 86 Golf Course Road Petitcodiac, NB Attention – Sharon Chase
Director of Golf Operations
This a term position for the balance of the 2017 season. The director of golf operations will work alongside a team of experienced and dedicated employees to ensure the golf experience at Petitcodiac Valley is a satisfying experience whether you are a member, a green fee visitor or a business tournament organizer. Working to oversee the golf retail, the practise facility, coordinating tournaments, adhering to a budget, providing leadership and assisting where needed in the daily operation of our golf course. You will be responsible for maintaining a safe work environment for all fellow employees and guests. The golf operations director will report to the President and the board of Directors.
A team oriented individual who strives to create a positive guest experience.
An individual who maintains standards, desires to accomplish tasks and achieve goals.
An active listener who has a positive and responsive personality.
An individual who has love of the game of golf and is inspired to respect and promote our club.
A team leader with knowledge of Golf Canada and Golf NB policies.
- Become familiar with the day to day operations and annual budget of the golf course.
- Follow the annual operations plan and work closely with our accounting clerk staff-person.
- Purchase supplies and materials within budgetary limitations.
- Handle customer communications, both in the clubhouse and issues on the course. (marshall).
- Attend executive board meetings (approx. 6). Prepare a report on major activities or issues.
- Maintain security of golf course property and buildings.
- Maintain public relations activities for the golf course.
- Tour the entire golf course at least 2-3 times per week.
- Inspect golf carts daily and follow-up with maintenance staff on reported problems with cars.
- Follow insurance procedures and all emergency procedures.
- Discuss with the board’s liaison member any issues with food quality and beverages.
- Lead the coordination of company or fundraising tournament s. Work with accounting staff, kitchen supervisor for catering details and superintendent for scheduled care and maintenance. Be the customer’s one point of contact to quote meals pricing, green fees, cart rentals, starting times available, etc. Maintain a tournament information binder.
- Maintain familiarity with the terms of existing leases and contracts.
- Market tee signage sponsors, score card advertisers, builders wall donors.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of the golf shop merchandise.
- Perform an active role in the operation – working in the various areas of the facility to gain familiarity and to be able to assist if required.
- Give direction and assign tasks to summer student employee(s).
- Provide assistance to the men’s and ladies club-captains for club tournaments. Look after engraving of plaques, trophies.
- Assist the Junior program instructor and board member coordinator in ensuring there are adequate volunteers, equipment, supplies. Plan Year -end BBQ for junior program.
- Submit tournament results to newspaper , generate positive publicity for the club.
- Welcome new members, present club members and guests, where practical. Work to create a welcoming atmosphere and positive experience for members and visitors alike.
- Promote the clubs’ services and facilities to potential and present members.
- Send out a weekly email communication with news and updates to the membership .
- Other duties as assigned.
Drivers License, High School diploma or GED
Computer skills, able to work with email, Word documents and scoring
Retail and or Service experience
Minimum 5 years golf experience
Some mechanical knowledge would be an asset.
Thorough understanding of all golf service, including handicaps.
Able to work in a team environment
Able to deal with people tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times
Professional appearance and manners
Highly flexible, with solid skills to work effectively in a varied environment
Ability to work flexible hours
Strong work ethic
Strong attention to detail
Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing