CHASE THE ACE LOTTERY FUNDRAISER
PETITCODIAC VALLEY GOLF AND COUNTRY CLUB
86 Golf Course Road, Petitcodiac, NB E4Z 6H4
- Ticket sales and draws will be held each Monday at the Petitcodiac Valley Golf and Country Club at above noted address. Tickets will be sold during opening hours of the Clubhouse (varies throughout the summer due to weather). In addition tickets will be sold offsite at Petitcodiac SuperVariety in Petitcodiac as well as Mctavy’s General Store in Salisbury during their business hours (letter attached from owners stating same and stating 0% commission). On Monday (draw day), tickets will be picked up from Petitcodiac SuperVariety and Mctavy’s General store at 4 pm; tickets will continue to be sold at the Clubhouse until 6 pm. Draw to be held at 6:15.
- Term of PVGCC Chase the Ace shall be from May 6 (first draw) until October 28 (last night)
- Two part tickets will be sold at a cost of $2 each; 3 for $5; 10 for $10. Ticket sales are restricted to those 19 years of age or older.
- Weekly ticket sales shall be allocated in the following manner:
- 20% to winning ticket holder
- 25% to the accumulated Prize Pot
- 55% to Petitcodiac Valley Golf and Country Club. PVGCC shall contribute 20% of said sales to our charity partners: Salisbury Fire and Rescue and Petitcodiac Fire and Rescue. This amount will be split equally between the two groups in October (they will continue to be our charity partners for the entire summer regardless if we have to start another draw). Letters are attached from each Fire and Rescue for this event.
- Each Monday, one winning ticket will be drawn from that week’s ticket sales. The holder of the winning ticket will win 20% of the total week’s sales plus a chance to draw for the Ace of Clubs accumulated pot. If the ticket holder is not in attendance, the ticketmaster for the evening (established at 6 pm) will draw for the absentee ticket holder.
- A standard deck of 52 cards will be used with the Ace of Clubs being revealed before each draw. Once an individual ticket has been drawn, the deck will be shuffled, the cards placed face down (fanned out) on the table and the ticket holder has the opportunity to draw for the Ace of Clubs. If the Ace of Clubs is not drawn, that card is torn in half and the ticket holder is awarded the 20% of weekly sales. The deck will be secured and locked onsite at the Petitcodiac Valley Golf and Country Club. This will continue until the Ace of Clubs is drawn.
- Since our time noted for the Chase the Ace is only for 26 weeks, in the event that the Ace of Clubs has not be drawn on or before October 28, then there shall be a draw on October 28 until the Ace is drawn. All ticket holders who do not draw the Ace will share equally in the 20% normally allocated to the winning ticker holder while the ticket holder who does draw the Ace of Clubs will receive the accumulated prize pot plus the 25% normally credited to the prize pot.
- The winning ticket holder does not have to be in attendance to claim the prize. If the ticker holder is not available, the designated Ticketmaster of the evening (designated at 6 pm) shall draw for the absentee. A live PVGCC Facebook feed may be conducted if the ticket holder is not available for the draw. The winner must claim their prize before the next draw or that money shall be deposited into the accumulated pot.
- Petitcodiac Valley Golf and Country Club staff plus individuals conducting the draw are not eligible to purchase tickets.
- Any winner who is paid a prize will automatically be deemed to grant to Petitcodiac Valley Golf and Country Club an irrevocable right to publish through all types of media broadcasting, including the internet, for the purposes of promoting the win, their full name, hometown and photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing or other rights. The winner who is paid a prize also gives the PVGCC the right to publish any additional information they voluntarily provide. The winner shall have no claim against the PVGCC for invasion of privacy or any other ground(s) by reason of the publication or broadcasting of their name, hometown, or photograph or information voluntarily provided by the winner.
- The winner will provide their full name, address, and phone number to the Petitcodiac Valley Golf and Country Club representative in attendance for reporting requirements to Alcohol and Gaming. In addition, the winner may be required to produce proof of age before winnings are awarded. The address and phone number will not be made public.
- The starting pot for PVGCC Chase the Ace, May 2019 shall be $500.